Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sept 21, 2010

Hey family! it's good to hear from you again!

So I've have a pretty awesome week. This last week, I taught my first all Japanese lesson and even though my companion didn't say much, I had a blast teaching all in Japanese. I memorized Joseph Smith's first vision a few weeks ago in Japanese and I had a great experience being able to bear my testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith and tell the story of how he saw God the Father and Jesus Christ.

Story time. So the night before the TRC (teaching resource center), I practiced teaching the lesson to a few of the other Japan-going elders. The thing was that my companion was no way going to be ready for the practice, but the teacher made us do it anyways. So I went into the lesson feeling a little mad at my teacher but I started with a prayer and prayed that I could let go of my pride. I taught the lesson, and my doryo (companion) wasn't able to say really anything, but I felt like it was a good experience for the both of us. As the lesson progressed, I had the chance to teach the first vision to my "investigators" and as I recited the first vision in Japanese, I had such a wonderful feeling of peace and love for the Prophet Josepsh Smith. After the lesson, we were all teary eyed and I knew that I had been able to say what I wanted to say through the power of the Holy Ghost. I had felt like I wouldn't be able to communicate, both in the language and with the Spirit, but now I know that if I have faith, it is possible! And that has been the highlight of my week!

I also had the chance to watch the Testaments Sunday night, and I wrote about it in some of my letters to you guys. I just have to say that the very last part of the film moved me deeply. I don't think I can get through the scene where Christ says Helam's name and heals him. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that the Messiah has come and He will come again. I know that through Christ we too can be healed, if we believe. I hope you would take the time to go see it, it is so wonderful.
Matthew, you are a wonderful boy.
Miles, you're a stud.
Brittany, you are a little weird, but I still love you. mochiron
Mom, thank you for your letters, love and support! You're great!
Dad, thank you for the wisdom. I'm glad I have you as a father.

I love you guys.

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment