Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dear Mom

Thank you for the Dear Elder letters! I was really glad to hear from you guys and my roommates were glad for the cinnamon rolls! I hope all is well at home. I've been praying for my family in all my prayers. Kazoku ni kansha shite imasu. Kazoku ga takusan shukufuku o ukeru koto ga dekiru yoni tasukete kudasai. "I am grateful for my family. Please help them receive many blessings." Even though it's in Japanese, I know it still means the same to the Lord.

It's comforting knowing that you forgive me for the mistakes I've made. I've said it once, and I'll say it again (for the rest of my life), I am so grateful for the Atonement.

So I've been here for over a month! How crazy is that? I'm about to hit the half-way point too; I think we're here for about 76 days or so and tomorrow will be 36! I love the MTC but I so can't wait to get out to Japan...I've probably gained a good 5 pounds here and my brain wants to explode! With the help of the Lord, my Japanese has improved greatly. We teach our first full lesson in Japanese this Thursday (Sept 16). All the others have been in English. So this Thursday we'll be having a 35 minute lesson with a 15 minute task all in Japanese. Pray for me!

Last thing and I'll let you go, I finished the Book of Mormon this last week and I want you to know I know it's true. It's God's revelation to us in these latter days and if we're faithful, we can receive the rest of it. These next 6 weeks or so I'll be trying to finish the four gospels and Jesus the Christ before I leave. Not to mention learning Japanese. Wish me luck, pray that God sees fit to help me!

Love, Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment