Monday, March 14, 2011

Dear Mom,
I`m safe and fine here in Iizuka. I felt nothing and life is almost still normal. There are a ton of people here who are worried for family in Sendai and I suppose I was pretty worried too. I have 2 friends up in sendai and we got a call a few days ago informing us that 4 missionaries were missing and we were to pray for them. When I thought that it could be a good friend of mine, it definitely made the quake more real to me. Fortunately, we got a call the other day telling us that the missionaries were found and that they were alright. We`ve had to conserve energy here in kyushu though because apparently tokyo was without power (maybe still is) due to the fact that they get most of their power from sendai. It`s pretty scary stuff, but we`re all fine down here. I felt no aftershocks and we are getting regular calls telling us to be safe and prepare for anything if anything like that ever came.

Thank you so much for sending me the patriarchal blessing! I`m so glad that I got to read it again. If it wouldn`t take too much time, would you still shrink and laminate it and send it to me? I`m not sure if I can print it at the place I`m at but I`ll probably take pictures of it on my camera. That would be the best. Thank you so much mom, I really appreciate all that you`ve done for me.

So I have a quick question. You guys are in California and you went out for a girls day, right? Was Uncle Chuck present for the girl`s day? Haha, sorry, that`s how I read it in the email and it made me laugh. I`m glad you told him I would be staying. I`m pretty sure nothing would make me come home from my mission. The Lord has called me here and this is where President Monson said I should be till August 31st, 2012. I`m going to do exactly that! So anywho, how is/was California? Pretty great I`m hoping. Did California see any of the tsunami? How`s the family?

Things are going great with Kaneko and he`ll be getting baptized very shortly. He`s such a stud. He`s doing so well and keeping his commitments. When we taught him the word of wisdom he stopped all habits that aren`t in harmony with the Lord`s teaching. I`m so happy for him. Recently we`ve been making some good progress with Hayashi and her family. If her family got baptized...Iizuka`s primary would go from 0 to 4! I`m hoping she continues being awesome!

Thanks again for all the support. I love you very much Mom. I`ll be a missionary you can be proud of. I`ll keep all the rules. I study hard everyday. I talk to everyone I can. The Lord is blessing this area and me so much because of your prayers. Thank you so much Mom. I love you. Be happy, have faith, know that I`m protected and safe.

Love,
Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment