Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 27, 2010

Watashi no kazoku!

I'm am officially emailing you from Japan! I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to call you again from tokyo, we had some problems (the plane got in an hour late, an elder lost his passport, etc.) but, good news. I'm safe, i'm happy and my mission president is the best mission president i could ask for. Sister Margetts and Brother Margetts are awesome people and I'm loving my stay under the Fukuoka temple. I leave tomorrow afternoon for my mission area...which i still don't know yet but i am anxiously waiting.

So quick story. I felt sick on the plane and luckily i got to the bathroom for that fun experience. When I got to the airport...I got to the welcome to tokyo sign...I threw up all over the floor. All the elders and sisters laughed! I did too actually. And then I had to go over to a hostess and tell her in fairly bad Japanese about what I had done. She told me it was ok, but I felt bad. Well, that's going in the journal.

Whew, I think i'm making it through the jet lag. It's like midnight in the states right now and I still have 8 hours till bedtime. It's been the best day so far though. I had one of the best breakfasts of my life this morning. And then we went out for dendo. Yes, I passed out fliers for 2 hours this morning. I spoke to maybe 100 people, and 50 of them accepted fliers. IN JAPANESE!! It was crazy. Keep praying for me that I'll be able to help people feel the spirit and to be interested in hearing about Christ.

I saw a great quote today under the Savior's picture. "Kaette kinasai" which means "Come home." And that's what it is all about. Helping people to get back to Christ and The Father.

Alright, well I need to go in for an interview. Love you all!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment