Tuesday, August 24, 2010

For My Family

Ah it's P-day again and I'm so glad I have some time to email you guys. I wrote (or am in the process of finishing) letters for all of you! I hope you guys enjoy what I wrote!!

Thank you guys so much for the packages! I've loved your letters and the food and the camera! But mostly it's just wonderful to get something from my family. I always feels special when I get mail and it's from you guys. And my companion was very happy to learn that I am a sharing person with all the treats that I got! They'll definitely last me the whole 12 weeks while I'm here, except for the beef jerky of course. I've been rationing it for myself and I occasionally let my companion have some as well. So just to let you guys into my really personal life...the MTC food is killer, as in it's killing my bowels. I can't wait to get to Japan so I can not only teach the gospel, but eat some good, healthy food too!

Speaking of teaching the gospel, I've taught lesson one so many times I think I have it down. I'll knock on wood though because there's always room for improvement and I have to teach it again on Thursday to MTC investigators. Wish me luck!

I want to let you guys know about a strong spiritual experience I had this last sunday at devotional. Ah, I'm tearing up just thinking about it. There was a musical performance, "I Know My Redeemer Lives" and then a president of on of the 70s spoke. He was so awesome and afterwards he said that he would like to forgo the closing hymn and have the musical number to be done again. He was truly inspired. I listened more closely to the words and the music and I was deeply overwhelmed. There was an empty seat next to me which is very unusual because we had great seats. Half way through the song I had this feeling that Christ was sitting next to me and that he had Hhis arm around me. I can remember exactly how it felt; I was so at peace and I felt such a strong love for my Savior. He truly is our eldest brother. Listen to that song for me and let me know what impressions you have.

I love each and every one of you. I miss you all right now, but I know I am so blessed to be able to be out here. Please pray for me that I might be a good missionary and that I might be able to fulfill my purpose and invite people to come unto Christ. Pray that I might be able to teach by the Spirit. Pray for the people of Japan that they might be made ready to hear the gospel of Christ.

Tell Matthew that I love him very much. That experience you told me about him wanting to kiss my picture was moving. Please send me some pictures of you guys so that I can carry you with me.

Miles, I want you to know that I think about you a lot. You're the example now so be good for Matthew. Keep reading your scriptures.

Mom, I love you! I can't wait for you to get my letter so you know more about what I've been up to!

Dad, keep giving me great advice, I'm so glad you are my father. You're the best example any son could ask for. Thanks again for the Kanji book too! I'll have some good Kanji down by the time I leave.

Brittany and Tyler, you guys are awesome. Keep up the faith. Thank you Brittany for the email. I want to let you know that I have not had a single soda (though it's the most popular drink here) since I was in Arizona.

I love all of you. Email you next week!!

Love,
Elder Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment